In our science curriculum we have the following key aims. We want to see the pupils:
- Gaining scientific knowledge;
- Co-operating with the teacher and other pupils in planning, decision making, investigating and communicating results;
- Developing the skills of observing, classifying, recording, making and testing hypotheses, designing experiments and drawing inferences from evidence;
- Reflecting on outcomes and the strategies which have led to them, leading to prediction and further planning;
- Taking responsibility for an investigation when the outcome is not obvious;
- Responding to stimulus provided by the teacher, in ways which show imaginative thinking and that the intellectual demand and pace of work is appropriate for them;
- Relating their work to everyday experience;
- Enjoying themselves and showing curiosity, perseverance, self-discipline and ingenuity;
- Extending their scientific vocabulary.
By clicking on the links below, you can read the various yeargroups' curriculum letters to get a sense of what activities the pupils do to develop their scientific skills, knowledge and understanding.